Lead Software Developer
Full-time | Vancouver, Washington, USA
Reports To: Chief Technical Officer
Formos is a custom software development firm delivering SaaS product development, mobile applications, and process management solutions.
The company was founded in 2002 and quickly earned a reputation for superior engineering, transparent communication, and strict accountability. With corporate headquarters in downtown Vancouver, Washington, USA, and a development office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we serve clients across North America, Asia, and Europe. Today Formos employs approximately 50 full-time professionals.
We develop applications in Java, .NET, and a variety of other languages using an agile, adaptive process. We leverage open source tools and libraries extensively.
Formos Lead Software Developers are responsible for defining requirements, designing and developing software, and leading development teams. They must be very sharp technically, great communicators, and pay strict attention to detail. Our Lead Software Developers interact directly with our clients, helping to define and clarify requirements, design architecture, and ultimately deliver the software solution. They will be responsible for performing development themselves and also leading diverse teams of project managers, designers, developers, and quality assurance engineers in Vietnam. They will work with the CTO, project managers, and other technical leadership to create specifications, generate estimates and ensure software quality. They will also develop wireframes, perform code review, deliver demos and training, and provide technical support.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary based on skill set and experience.
• Three weeks of paid time off per year and eight paid company holidays
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Company paid travel to Vietnam for team building and cultural immersion
• Great work/life balance with 40 hour workweeks the norm
• Design, develop, and test software in Java and C#
• Assist clients in understanding and documenting their requirements
• Perform enterprise application architecture
• Define and assign tasks to developers and oversee development
• Perform occasional code review
• Oversee software testing and deployment
• Collaborate with the project PM and development team via daily video conference
• Create wireframe mock-ups of screens and process workflow
• Generate development estimates
• Facilitate technical project meetings, video conferences and phone calls
• Ensure that all client requirements are met and the work is high quality
• Perform demos for clients and Formos management
• Occasionally train clients on their software
• Provide office hours technical support to clients via phone, email, and video conference
• 5+ years of software development experience with either or both Java and C#
• Experience performing enterprise web development
• Strong working knowledge of database design and SQL
• Experience working as a development team lead
• Great communicator and good at thinking on your feet
• Highly organized, detail oriented, thorough and patient
• Ability to think through problems and make suggestions for solutions
• A flexible and quick learner
• Independently motivated and driven to succeed
Preferred Technical Expertise (not required but good to have)
• Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum and FDD
• AngularJS, Spring MVC, and Tapestry
• Hibernate/Entity Framework/LINQ
• MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or MSSQL