Vietnam General Manager
Full-time | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Founded in 2002, Formos delivers SaaS product development, mobile applications, and process management solutions. We serve customers across North America, Asia, and Europe from our offices in Vancouver, Washington and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
What to Expect
We’re not a programming body shop. All work is performed by full-time employees through a cohesive, collaborative process. You’ll be an integral part of that team along with project team leads, UI/UX specialists, developers and QA testers.
We work hard and work smart. Projects are delivered on time and on budget. And our proprietary process ensures that this happens programmatically so our team doesn’t need to regularly scramble through late nights and weekends in order to hit our targets.
The Vietnam General Manager is responsible for the leadership and operations of the VN office, which consists of approximately 50 employees. They must oversee all office activities and manage all personnel. The VN office is the primary software development center for Formos, so the VN GM will spend a good portion of their time overseeing software development projects. They will work closely with both Vietnamese and expat Directors and Project Managers to ensure that our project processes are well defined and followed, and the projects run smoothly. They will also provide strategic guidance for the entire team and help to improve team performance and cohesion. They will encourage individual growth and create opportunities for advancement.
They are the face of Formos for projects that are run directly from the VN office, and will take full responsibility for all aspects of project execution, from contract negotiation through project delivery and support. Local leadership and the executive team in the US will provide direction and assistance but ultimately the VN GM needs to own the work product that comes out of the VN office.
They must work closely with administrative staff to manage the office budgets and expenses. They are responsible for ensuring that the company policies and procedures are in line with VN law and that the company is following best practices.
A good office environment is critical and the VN GM will be responsible to ensure that the team has the appropriate equipment, supplies and support to do their job effectively. They will coordinate company benefits, activities and events and provide a supportive team environment.
Communication with both the local VN staff and the US office is critical so they must have strong English skills and be highly organized, detail oriented and clear in their communication.
Compensation and Benefits
• Generous compensation based on skill set and experience
• Compensation package includes relocation assistance and housing budget
• 12 days of paid time off per year and eleven paid company holidays
• Annual company retreat to beautiful resort destinations
• Company paid private health insurance
• Assistance with cultural immersion from local US and VN staff
• Significant overlap with current American GM to smooth transition
• We’ll help you adjust both personally and professionally
• Company leadership and direction
• Staff management and human resources
• Software development project oversight
• Oversee client services and interaction
• Measure and improve company operations and processes
• Communicate daily with the US office
• Oversee finances and legal
• Keep the facilities well outfitted and maintained
• Perform occasional business development
• Represent the company professionally
• Occasionally entertain customers and other visitors
• 3+ years of personnel management and team leadership
• 1+ years of experience working in technology
• Honest and reliable
• Highly organized, detail oriented and thorough
• Disciplined and patient
• Excellent time management
• Crystal clear, responsive communication
• Excellent English reading, writing, and speaking skills
• Ability to think through issues and make suggestions for solutions
• Independently motivated and driven to succeed
• Self confident and good under pressure
Beneficial Skills & Experience
• Vietnamese reading, writing, and speaking skills
• Prior experience as a general manager
• Hands on technical experience or educational background in software
• Experience working with distributed teams, particularly in developing nations
• Experience living or traveling extensively abroad